Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
World Building: Dhoubnom Erwa
This is where I'm putting notes and updates on the setting I'm building for Arcanum.

Not full details, but more generic stuff like races, general locations, some historical stuff.

Hope you like it.
I am looking forward to seeing what you put together here!
-- K. David Ladage
Still doing the map. It has a "Oh, another alternate earth," look. But that's my bang.

Using some variations of historical earth deities. And some of the level 30+ spirit entities are full deities.

And went with, "all lands are legendary" as opposed to having to add mythic lands. After all, according to some descriptions of locations in the Edda, Briton was full of elves and Italy was full of dwarves.
With as much research as I've done while having access to the internet, I have to give some mad serious props to Sechi for the amount of research he had to do without such an aid. Just getting the names right or at least close is a near herculean task.
(01-24-2020, 04:00 PM)Thkaal Wrote: With as much research as I've done while having access to the internet, I have to give some mad serious props to Sechi for the amount of research he had to do without such an aid.  Just getting the names right or at least close is a near herculean task.

Yes. He is an amazing guy! And the results of his work were fantastic.
-- K. David Ladage
My apologies for no updates. I've been doing research into the P.I.E. language as well as dealing with various ramifications of using it. Do you realize how many fantasy worlds have a Skelos somewhere on their maps? Or how many Atlantis locations exist throughout the world? That word was EVERYwhere in various languages, even a few ancient American languages and a few middle eastern languages.