Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Lore
So, I have been working on a game, creating legendary figures.  So, having some ideas.

Yes, I'm a bit obsessed with this game and the Atlantean setting.

Here's one of the Legendary Figures:

Name: Sappho
Race: Human (Avalonian Elf-blooded)
Class: Enchantress
Level: 19
Notes: The writer of several songs collected in the work known as The Songs of Sappho.  She was also a teacher.  Lived about a thousand years ago.
The Atlantean setting is, unfortunately, something I do not own. When I approached Mr. Sechi about purchasing this material, he had already sold The Bestiary and the setting (The Lexicon). Later, in the Atlantis, the Lost World, these two volumes would become one.

The owner of that material is Khepera Publishing. Jerry Grayson and I have entered into a gentleman's agreement:
  • I can use any creatures and Atlantean material from the Lexicon and Bestiary that is expressed in the Arcanum (the core rulebook)
  • He can use any rules and material from Arcanum that is expressed in the Lexicon or the Bestiary
This was very gracious of him, and allowed me to include things like the Bestiary chapter in the updated rules.

His treatment of this material can be found on his site, under the heading Atlantis: The Second Age.

That all said...

I am not against the idea of creating a semi-official setting for the new rules. Anyone have any ideas on what sort of setting you would like to see?
-- K. David Ladage
Well, i am a notorious mapmaker and various legends and myths are not owned by anyone.  So, Atlantis, Hyperborea, Jotunheim, Technotitlan, are all names that can be used.  However, I do have some ideas based on odd formations I've seen on Google Maps.
(01-03-2020, 03:19 AM)Thkaal Wrote: Well, i am a notorious mapmaker and various legends and myths are not owned by anyone.  So, Atlantis, Hyperborea, Jotunheim, Technotitlan, are all names that can be used.  However, I do have some ideas based on odd formations I've seen on Google Maps.
Tenochtitlan is a real place, not a myth or legend. It was a large city-state in what is now the center of Mexico City and was the capital of the Aztec Empire.
(01-03-2020, 03:19 AM)Thkaal Wrote: Well, i am a notorious mapmaker and various legends and myths are not owned by anyone.  So, Atlantis, Hyperborea, Jotunheim, Technotitlan, are all names that can be used.  However, I do have some ideas based on odd formations I've seen on Google Maps.

I agree that those can be used, on a purely legal standpoint. That said, my gentleman's agreement with Jerry Grayson means that I would not want to step to close to the playground I agreed not to step to close to, on a purely ethical standpoint.

So as much as I love the Atlantean Setting... I would want to create something entirely new. Something fresh. Something unique.
-- K. David Ladage
(01-04-2020, 12:13 AM)JCKranch Wrote:

Tenochtitlan is a real place, not a myth or legend. It was a large city-state in what is now the center of Mexico City and was the capital of the Aztec Empire.

Quite right. Smile
-- K. David Ladage
*cracks knuckles*

Alright, I will get some proposals going on.
Alright, I am NOT touching anything in the Atlantean setting. Nothing there will be touched. However, I am using the rest of the book, including the proper nouns listed for demons, devils and other such entities.
(01-13-2020, 04:19 PM)Thkaal Wrote: Alright, I am NOT touching anything in the Atlantean setting.  Nothing there will be touched.  However, I am using the rest of the book, including the proper nouns listed for demons, devils and other such entities.

That sounds like an excellent start.
-- K. David Ladage
Alright, working on it.

Do you have a preferred art style?